Immigration Issues/divorce after green card

Question
my husband and i has been married for about 15months now.we started having problems and he wants a divorce. i have a temporary  card and need advice on what to do before it expires.
i also want to knw what the waiver is,how it is done and where.
i was engaged to him when i was in my country and i came with a fiancee visa until we got married.

Answer
Mirabel,
You would be required to file the Form I-751 to remove conditions on your green card. This should be applied within the 6 month window prior to expiry of your card. And you should request for a waiver based on "entered into the marriage in good faith but the marriage was terminated through divorce/annulment"
It is also required that you obtain a divorce before you do so.

I would suggest that either visit the USCIS.gov website or consult with an attorney for additional information.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan