Immigration Issues/my domestic partner


QUESTION: I am a gay male, my domestic partner lives in Medellin, Colombia, I was wondering if there is any way I can bring him to live with me to the states, I am an american citized for more than 15 years.
If there is a way please, let me know
Thank you in advance

ANSWER: armando,
I am sorry but I do not know any way that you could bring him to the US as your domestic partner.  Depending on his education or skills he might be able to come to the US on a work visa or even a visitors visa.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: And how that work visa work, what do I have to do?
I thank you very much in advance............

The answer is too detailed to cover in this forum. There are many ways for him to do this.  I do not know any of his information.  I would suggest that you make an appointment with an immigration attorney so that everything could be discussed thoroughly.  
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.