Immigration Issues/exchange of status

Question
I have j-1 visa end I want to eexchange it to F-1 in the US. So, if I will get the f-1 visa, can i go to my country and come back to the US or i will have problems?

Answer
You will need to file form I-539 (Change of Non-Immigrant Status); an approved I-20 from the school you wish to attend, your IAP-66 and I-94 which should be in your possession.  Go to your local CIS office and they will provide you with the forms, instructions and fees you can expect.  Keep in mind, you will need to prove you are capable of supporting yourself and able to pay for your education...YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO WORK IN THE US under the F-1 student visa except no more than 20 hours education related AT the campus.

David