Immigration Issues/expired green card

Question
Dear Mr Hollander.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I am a long time green card holder in this country and am a Dutch national (with a valid Dutch passport). I applied for naturalization in March of 2006. Since I knew I would be traveling during the application period, I also applied for renewal of my green card at the beginning of May (green card was set to expire June 26). To date I have only received a notification of receipt of the application. Now my problem. My husband and I are scheduled to leave on an Arctic expedition at the end of this month. How can I expedite renewal of the green card? Is there a process?

Thanks very much for your input.  

Regards, Annelies deKater
Scotts Valley, CA.

Answer
You can make an infopass appointment at wwww.uscis.gov and check on the case. You need to be scheduled for fingerprints before they can give you an extension strip on your card or a stamp in your passport but you can go in and see if they will expedite.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>