Immigration Issues/almost expired passport

Question
Sir,

I am an American living in Spain with my Malaysian wife. She has a permanent resident card and a Malaysian passport that expires in May 05'. We are currently living in Spain and will be going back to the U.S. in Feb. 05'. My question is will she be allowed back in the country with a passport that is within 6 months of expiration?
Thanks,
David

Answer
Does she have a US "Green Card"?  How long has she been out of the US?  Did she request permission in aqdvance if she has stayed outside the US for more than 180 days?  What was she doing in  Spain?  

It is very easy for a LPR to lose permanent residence status in the US by residing somewhere else.

James D. Mills, Esq.