You are here:

Immigration Issues/f-1 student gettin married


Hi !
I'm a student from France and entered the US about a year and a half ago on
F-1 visa. My visa is valid until 2011, but my I-20 says that my studies should
be completed no later than 03/30/2007, which is the day I am getting
married. So I wanted to know if I will still be able to file adjustment of status
after that. If yes, should I send the form at the same time as I-131, or wait for
I-131 receipt?
Also, I met my boyfriend about a year ago, and we moved together 3 months
after that. We really don't want to get separated that's why we decided to get
married so soon... Can the fact that we haven't been together for a very long
time be a motive of denial?

You can only file I-131 at the same time or after filing I-485. You can file I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 packet as soon as you get married. As long as you have evidence of your marraige and answer consistantly at the time of your interview, you will be fine.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]