Immigration Issues/family visa


I am a US citizen, I have filed for a green card for my brother (pending), he's met a US citizen and the want to get married, how would this change his status if they get married?

Provided he is eligible to file (entered the US on a valid visa etc.) the pending application filed by you should not have any impact on his filing an adjustment of status application based on his marriage to a US citizen.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]