Immigration Issues/When did I fell out of status

Question
Hi Robert,

first of all thanks for your answers. I was also wondering if you can help me finding a (good) attorney? I resdide in L.A. My school recommended an  attorney who has been working for the school but he wants to charge 3000 Dollars! I would be happy if there is legal advice for less than that! Thanks a lot!

tom
-------------------------

Followup To

Question -
My wife (born U.S. Citizen)is petitioning for me.
-------------------------

Followup To

Question -
Dear Robert,

I forgot to ask you a question, so I will make it quick! I'd like to know when I fell out of status. I came on an F1 visa to study in the Fall 05. According to my college, the semester ended the december the 20th 2005. They told me that I have 60 days to return to my home country if I don't enroll for further classes (at least 4) to maintain my status. I'm asking because if that is true I haven't fallen behind the 180 days and I don't have to file the I-485 A. Please help if you know.

I was also wondering if you know an organization I can go to (los angeles) that can help me with my application (to go through and make sure its mistake free) because most attorneys fees are beyond my budget (I talked to 3 attorney's and the price range was 3100 dollars, that is a lot of money)

Best,

tom

Answer -
Who is petitioning you for your green card and waht is their status?

Robert

Answer -
It does not matter when you fell out of status when you marry a citizen.

Robert

Answer
Immigration law is Federal law and can be practiced anywhere if the lawyer is admitted in one state. I routinely handle cases across the U.S. though my main practice is in NY/NJ and CT. My legal fee is $2000 plus filing fees.

Let me know if you are interested. I can be reached at 516 487 0500.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>