You are here:

Immigration Issues/five years past on tourist visa


and have only thirty days to leave is any way i can exent my stay or apply us citizenship?

I don't understand you question?  If you have overstayed your visa by over 5 years, there is little hope for you.  There is no visa available, at least not with the information you have provided, and if there were you would have to leave the USA and remain out of the US for 10 years before it could be issued.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.