Immigration Issues/foreign citizens committing crimes on US soil

Question
Hello. I have a question about foreign citizens committing crimes on US soil. I just wrote a book in which two Filipino men come to Guam, kidnap a US citizen and attempt murder. These two are then arrested. While what happens after the arrest isn't all that important to the story, I'd like to know what happens to my villains (in case I need to deal with them in the sequel). I'd like to be able to mention in my closing chapter what the future could look like for these two.

Sincerely,

Nadja Depape

Answer
Ordinarily, for crimes of this magnitude, a hold would be placed on them but ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) while they are still in prison.  When they are due to be released, ICE would be notified and they would either be transferred to an ICE detention center or they would be held in a jail until they could be removed from the US.

James D. Mills, Esq.