You are here:

Immigration Issues/freezing my alien reg card


I would like to suspend my green card & visits to the USA for 2 to 3 years.  Is this possible? Does it affect my green card eligibility? How do I go about this, websites etc?  I live in Israel.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

There is no such thing as "freezing my alien reg card". You are required to show that you intend to be a permanent resident of the US at all times. If you are planning to stay out of the US for a year or more, I would advise you to apply for a re-entry permit.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.