Immigration Issues/a friend

my friends boyfriend is in jail and they have a child together, if she marries him will that help keep him from being deported?

Maybe, maybe not.  It depends on numerous factors including the legitimacy of the marriage and relationship, what he is charged with, whether he is convicted, what the sentence is, how he entered the US, and what his current status is.

He really needs to have the case thoroughly evaluated by an immigration attorney and have the immigration attorney work with the criminal attorney to minimize the immigration consequences of a conviction.  I am assuming that he is in jail for criminal charges, not just for an immigration violation.  Although, it still depends.

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997