Immigration Issues/about my gap from f1 opt to h1b

Question
Dear Madam/Sir,

I am on f1 opt now and my opt expires in May 2008 and my company will sponsor me on h1b application in April 2008. That means I will have a gap from July 2008 to October 2008. I am thinking to transfer to f2 visa to keep my status. My question is if I transfer to f2 now, will it impact my opt (i am currently working in a company using my EAD card)? After my h1b application is approved, do I need to transfer status from f2 to h1b before oct 1st or h1b will automatically kicks in after oct 1st? thanks a lot!

Answer
Alfred,
If you can apply for your F-2 with an effective date being the date your OPT will expire then you should be able to work until this date even if the F-2 is approved during this time.
You need to mention your current status to your employer/attorney who will be filing your H-1B petition.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan