Immigration Issues/green card

Question
i dont get it what you meant by " the immigrant petition will be a negative factor that can be overcome with strong ties to home country"

I just recieved my green card last week by post, so that means it will take 5 years for me to become an american citizen rite? but i can still apply for my kids, so im asking will they remain eligible for visitors visa or students visa once their petition is underway for permanent immigration?

hope u understand what im trying to ask... regards mr. hollander
-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
Dear Sir,

I recently became a green card holder along with mt wife and my youngest daughter. Although i am not a premanent resident, I want to sponser my other two children (both over 21).

My question is that if i apply for the immigration of my adult children, will they remain eligible to get a visitor's visa or student-visa?

Thanks in advance.
Jafar Hasan.
Answer -
They will be eligible to apply, but by no means guaranteed -the immigrant petition will be a negative factor that can be overcome with strong ties to home country.

Robert

Answer
I understood your question - you have to understand my answer - there is no guarantee that they will get nonimmigrant visas w\once you apply for their immigrant visas. You have to convince them that the kids willnot just stay here until you get citizenship, if they give them a visa to come temporarily. The fact that you apply to get them a green card is a negative factor int hat it appears they want to come here forever but the purpose of the tourist or student vis is to come temporarily.

Regards.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>