Immigration Issues/green card by marriage expiration

Question
David,

I would like to know - when someone already has a green card by marriage, how can it be revoked?  I heard that if you are out of the US for a certain period, then the green card is revoked.  More specifically, if the person with the green card remains overseas, after how long of being overseas does the green card get revoked? Is this automatic, will they be denied entry if they have been overseas past the allowed period? Also, if they are still married to the US Citizen, can it be renewed?   What is that process like?

Thanks.

Answer
Can a green card be revoked?  Yes.  
If you are a conditional permanent resident, through marriage, if can be revoked if it is found the marriage was through fraud or your spouse decides to revoke sponsorship.

Lawful Permanent Residents (green card holders) use re-entry permits to re-enter the U.S. after travel of one year or more. For LPR’s returning to the U.S., re-entry permits are generally valid for two years from the date of issuance of the re-entry permit. The LPR should apply for this benefit before leaving the U.S.  

David