You are here:

Immigration Issues/green card revocation


I've recently become a permanent resident I-551 card was issued for 10 years. My wife is a US citizen, asking me for divorce and money for fixing my status. We were happily married for 3 years, now she has a different man and threating me with deportation and green card revocation if I will not give herdivorce and money, saying she will inform USCIS that I used her, which is not true...please help, any advice will be appriciated..I do not know what to do and expect  

If you got a 10 year card, you have nothing to worry about. Even if you only got a 2 year conditional card, you can file the application to remove your conditions on your own as long as you have evidence of the marriage while it lasted and you get divorced.

I would give her the divorce becasue 2 people should not be married if either of thenm is not happy. It will not affect your case. You will have to wait 5 years to become a citisen instead of 3 though.

I would not give in to her money demands.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.