Immigration Issues/h1 transfer receipt delay

I am working for a company A and I got a new job in company B. B has filled for H1 transfer on 24-sept-2007 in California, on 26th fedex has acknowledge that application as been delivered(I also have receipt). The expected date is 08-Oct-2007, but I hv not received receipt number.

Can I join new bob with company B without receipt number?

If yes, then how much risk is involved in it? After knowing the fact that I am already working with company A (on project).

I there any way I can find out that my h1 transfer application has been filled using fedex receipt number?

Manu: You can join the new employer without a receipt. I would advise that you begin work after receiving the USCIS receipt. There is no process to find that your case has been correctly filed based on the FedEx tracking info.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,