Immigration Issues/h1 transfer receipt delay

I am working for a company A and I got a new job in company B. B has filled for H1 transfer on 24-sept-2007 in California, on 26th fedex has acknowledge that application as been delivered(I also have receipt). The expected date is 08-Oct-2007, but I hv not received receipt number.

Can I join new bob with company B without receipt number?

If yes, then how much risk is involved in it? After knowing the fact that I am already working with company A (on project).

I there any way I can find out that my h1 transfer application has been filled using fedex receipt number?

You can work for new co without the receipt.  I would suggest however that the safest policy would be to wait until you get the receipt.  There is no way to find out if the application has been filed based upon the FedEx number.
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient