Immigration Issues/h1b transfer and start date issue

Question
I am currently working for a college A. College B is wanting to hire me and transfer my H1b.  Start date for college B is in August.  College A contract will expire in May.(This is standard)

Can I transfer to college B in May and start work in August because college does not offer courses in summer?  

Answer
Dear Sanjay:
Since the appointment for lecturers in colleges is normally for 10 month period. I feel that it would be ok for you to apply for extension of your H1 before the end of May and to begin your work in August.

Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
ram@ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan