You are here:

Immigration Issues/h1b transfer and start date issue


I am currently working for a college A. College B is wanting to hire me and transfer my H1b.  Start date for college B is in August.  College A contract will expire in May.(This is standard)

Can I transfer to college B in May and start work in August because college does not offer courses in summer?  

Dear Sanjay:
Since the appointment for lecturers in colleges is normally for 10 month period. I feel that it would be ok for you to apply for extension of your H1 before the end of May and to begin your work in August.


Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.