Immigration Issues/h1b1 visa transfer
i just wanted to clarify....
1) transfer is not actually faster or easier than applying for h1b1 for the first time, correct?
2) if i transfer my h1b1 to a new company, does that mean the relationship between me and my current employee is automatically terminated and i don't have to do anything to actually let uscis know that?
3) do i have to have a new h1b1 with the new company right the next day i quit the current company? in other words, there shouldn't be any gap between two h1b1?
thank you very much in advance.
1) do i have to go through the same process as i applied for h1b1 before including providing uscis all the documents that i turned in before?
2) if not, how much is the bottom-line-fee and the time for the process?
i really really appreciate your reply. thank you in advance.
You have to file new H1 with the same documentation requirements as the 1st time to transfer to new employer. The filing fee is $1435 if the new employer has less than 25 employees, otherwise the filing fees are $2185. It takes about 2 months unless you pay Immigration an extra $1000 to do it in 15 days.
It is not easier to do a transfer H-1- It is faster because they are no more initial Hs until October 1, 2005, so someone applying for H1 for first time can not start working until 10/1//05. You may have to show paystubs from current H1 to prove you have stayed in status, but nothing else to notify Immigration. Let me know if you need a lawyer for the process!!!