You are here:

Immigration Issues/what would happen if i filed for the divorce?


I being marry almost two years and my wife just enter the United States with a temporary Green Card, I am trying to get divorce but I would like to keep supporting her. What would happen with the permanent Green Card, would she be able to still apply for it or would she be sent back to her country?

Wilmer: I am not sure I will be able to help you. You state that your wife just entered and you want to divorce her.... You may contact a local immigration attorney and explain your situation.


Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.