Immigration Issues/help me

Question
im dating a guy who just told me he married a woman from gutamala so she could stay in the us. now can he get a divorce? and how long do they have to be married before they get a divorce and would she be deported? im confused on the whole matter, and im a little confused. please email me thank you.

Answer

A person can file for divorce anytime; there is no minimum amount of time that a person must be married in order to seek divorce.

If the lady from Guatemala has received permanent resident status already based on the marriage, she will be able to keep her permanent resident status in the U.S.

If she has thus far received conditional resident status only by the USCIS at the time of divorce, then she will have a big burden to obtain permanent resident status.

If the marriage interview by the USCIS has not yet taken place at the time of divorce, then she will be unable to obtain any immigration benefits.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora