Immigration Issues/help


Please help me out,this is embarrassing as a friend of my is currently in the United State illegally now and been overstaying for some months and he wants to return back to Malaysia, his been overstaying on a holiday visa, how do I go about to get him back. My question is will immigration stop him from returning back to Malaysia and if his stop what would be his punishment?
Is there anyway to get him back without any punishment beside being blacklisted?

Thank you so much for spending time to reply me
Thank you  

No one will stop him from voluntarily leaving on his own accord. If we want him to leave the USA, it wouldn't make much sense to punish someone when they do so, even if they are a little late.  Let's hope he did not stay more than 180 days past his visa expiration because then he could face some very unpleasant situation when he tries to get another visa.  As long as he has a valid Malaysian passport or a visa to enter Malaysia, he should have no problems.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.