Immigration Issues/help


hi, i am an American born citizen and my fiancee is a Mexican born citizen. we were in long distance relationship for about 1 1/2 years and i came to live in Mexico for a year. we are now pregnant and expecting the baby in early may. i want to have my baby in the us. but i want him to be by my side... he dose not have a visa and i am wondering what options i have and what would be best for our baby. thanks

Well, you might want to get married. That would help things. Then you will want to file with the authorities. This will take time, but time passes faster than you think. It may not happen by the time your child is born, but eventually he will get his green card and will be able to come to the USA. Don't look for short-cuts, lies, and cheats. In the long run it will ruin everything. Do it the right way. As the years pass you will be happy you did.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.