Immigration Issues/hi

Question
i have a green card for the past 5 yrs and im in process of becoming a citizen. ive been married for 2 years. he came to the US from germany with a visa waiver program 3 years ago. and he over stayed his welcome. he got cought by the i.c.e. now he's in a detention center in newark nj.after i become a citizen can i still apply for him? My question is what is our next step? can he still be able to get a green card and when? will he be punished? what will happen to us?

Answer
Sezin,
If he is deported he could be barred from returning to the U.S. for up to ten years, if not permanently. I suggest that you hire an experienced immigration attorney to evaluate the case and see if there are any options available to him. If there are none he could try to get a voluntary departure so that he will be able to return to the US at a later date.
Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan