Immigration Issues/hi i am now here in los angeles,...

Question
hi i am now here in los angeles, california looking for someone who can sponsor me, i am currently under an agency. i had a degree in hotel restaurant management. my first 2 jobs was in logistics, is there any chance that i can be sponsored as an h1b visa? but im currently working in a restaurant. if ever i got sponsored and my i94 will expire in june 10. and i started filling, do i need to go home prior to waiting for the results? if not what are the circumstances if i got denied and planning to go back in the future?

Answer
Hi Stephen,

You are qualified for the H-1B petition to be filed by your employer since you have a bachelor's degree. The H-1B petition can be filed now, but because of visa cap issues, the start date on the H-1B approval notice will be October 01, 2006. You will be out of status after June 10.

Therefore, you should leave the U.S. before June 10. You can apply for H-1B visa at a U.S. Consulate in your home country based on the H-1B petition approval by the USCIS. You will need your employer to file the H-1B petition.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora