You are here:

Immigration Issues/what if my husband get denied?


My situation is that I am a US citizen and have applied for permanent Residence for my husband who is from Mexico. Last week on the 12th of April he had his appt. in Juarez for the residency. After the appt, they denied him and said that he had to fill out a form 601 waiver of excludability and accompany it with a letter of hardship stating what could happen if he can not enter the United States. I assume this is because in he was deported in 2004. I have now made him an appt. for April the 30th and was wondering if there is anything else I can do to make sure or help the process to get him back. Thanks for your time.

Stacy Clark  

Your husband needs 2 waivers. He needs one for the fact he was deported and one for the fact that he was illegally in the U.S. for more than 1 year after April 1997. These waivers are not easy. You should consider hiring a psychologist who can document the hardship your family would suffer if separated for 5 or 10 years.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.