Immigration Issues/ignore or divorce?


I am a us citeizen who married a Mexican in Jan last year.  He recived his 2 year green card in Oct.  We married for the right reasons but, by the time Oct came we hated each other.  He now is working and has established a great career.  He moved out in Dec. and changed his address.  He wants me to file my 2006 taxes with him and at this point I don't know what to do.  I do not love him and just want him out of my life but I do not want him to be deported.  What can he do and/or should I divorce him.  He claims that I will have to pay for him to change his this true?

Dear Danelle:
The filing of joint taxes with him is certainly up to you. My advice would be to file married but separate. There is absolutely no requirement that you should pay for him to change his status.
Since you do not wish him to be deported,I would suggest that he retain the services of an immigration attorney to help remove the conditions on his status. He can contact me at
Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.