You are here:

Immigration Issues/immigratin/S.S. benfits


they were married for six seven years and he died from heart attacks.
Thank, and God Bless you.

Followup To

Question -
My relative married to a U.S. Citizen and he passed away when he was overseas (Syria)
Unfortunately, She did not apply for a green card. Her husband was retired and he use to get his S.S. benefits check through the consulate every month.
Since her husband died, they cut the S.S. benefits of her husband.
What could she do to get the benefits back or half of the S.S. benefits?
She did not have a green card, Can she get or apply for a green card based on her deceased husband paper (citizenship)? Or can she get a visa to apply for a green card here in U.S.A.?
And if she can what form she suppose to fill out? If she could not what could she possibly do to get half of the benefits of her deceased husband?


Anwar khoshaba

Answer -
How long were they married?



She can file form I-360 widower petition if it has been less than a yer since his death. She will need to prove the bona-fides of the marraige and the extreme hardship she would suffer if she had to live the rest of her life abroad.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.