Immigration Issues/immigration


currently residing in USA. applied for canadian immigration under work category. i got the immigration and recently got my passport with landing papers..
i lost/misplaced the landing papers but i have the passport with me. the passport has a visa sticker which is due expiring next month. now my question is..can i goto canada with just the passport and can tell them that i lost the landing papers at the port of entry? or do i have to inform here in canadian consulate that lost or misplace the landing papers and i need some travel document/s...if so how long does the process takes place because i'm running out of time.

What "landing papers"?  There is no such thing in American Immigration Law.  To answer your question adequately, I would need to know your current visa status, when the I-94 that you received when you entered the US (is that the "landing papers?") expires of expired, and determine whether you have done anything that would prevent your reentry to the US (criminal acts, unauthorized presence, and some other things may prevent reentry).

It's just too complex to analyze this much material via computer communication.  I suggest you schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.