Immigration Issues/immigration

Question
1) A green card holder/how many months/year can live outside usa-----------if overstayed/what situation arised.
2)in case  

Answer
Hi Raj,

You should continue to maintain a residence (an apartment or a house or residing in someone else's home such as a relative) in the U.S. when you are outside the U.S. I also recommend that you continue to pay any income taxes, if applicable.

You can remain outside the U.S. for one year. You can remain outside the U.S. for up to 2 years with a reentry permit (applied for on Form I-131) here: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-131.htm

In any event, even if you stay outside for no more than one year, or two years with reentry permit, you should still pay taxes and maintain a residence in the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora