Immigration Issues/immigration

Question
I am a 34 year old who over stayed my visa. My mother petitioned for me in December 2001 i am presently waiting for 245i to be extended. If it does, will my 7 year old child who currently resides in jamaica be able to benefit form my mother's petition or she will have to wait untill i recieve my green card to petition for her? also if she was present in the US will she be able to ajust her status along with me?  

Answer

You will need to sponsor your child directly when you receive your green card. You will not receive your green card unless sec. 245(i) is extended.

Your child will be in the family F2-A category when you eventually sponsor her. The following website is helpful: http://www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com  

Ajay K. Arora