Immigration Issues/immigration

Question
1)1f workpermit (EAD) as opt(FI  student) not issued after 7-months /what we have to do/two times reminds -----but no result
2)My husband is on LI-A visa ---firstly 1-year later on extended for more 2-years/the petitions 1-140 and 1-485 are pending in INS/
the LI-A will be expired in next six months/
whether we need to again extend it to live in legal status . what the INS rules saying about it.
thanks  

Answer
Hi Aisha,

You can call the USCIS at 800-375-5283 and give them the receipt number of the EAD application (Form I-765) and ask for a written status of the case.

Since I-140/I-485 have been filed for your husband, he is not required to extend his L-1A status. I am assuming that he has also filed an EAD application along with I-140/I-485. I recommend, however, that he still extend his L-1A status so that if for some reason his I-140 or I-485 is denied, he will still have valid status in the U.S. and will not have to leave the U.S.

You also have the option of changing to L-2 status, and when you do so you can also apply for EAD in L-2 status (in case for some reason the USCIS does not issue you the EAD based on OPT or CPT in F-1 status).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora