Immigration Issues/immigration


Hi, I am aupair here (Visa J1)i am from Colombia,my visa expires on November, I want to get married with my boyfriend (he is American) but I was wondering what do we have to do, i mean do I have to go back to Colombia first and apply for another kind of Visa or it would be easier if we get married first, if so, do we have to get married before my visa expires? Thanks

You do not have to go back to Colombia. You can get married and file an I-130/I-485 to get the green card. It would be better to marry before it expires but you can get your green card, even of you marry after it expires.

Good luck - I have a lot of Colombian clients - they are the nicest people in the world!!



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.