Immigration Issues/immigration



1) we need to change status to apply for 1-130 or F1 after entered in usa. in this case
u.k citizen who entered in usa on entery visa under visa waveier programe may she can change her status(want to apply for 1-130 or F-1 after enterd in usa) or not.
2)If she not allowed to change her status/may better she take B2 visa from u.k instead of entery visa.
2)if not change status than is it better to take B2 visa from u.k instead of entery visa.

1. No she cannot change status in the US if she comes in on visa waiver
2. Yes it would be but there is also a question of intent. If you obtain a B-2 visa you are stating that you wish to come as a tourist but if your intent is not to do that then there could be an issue regarding fraudulent intent.
3) see answer above


Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.