Immigration Issues/immigration

Question

1) we need to change status to apply for 1-130 or F1 after entered in usa. in this case
u.k citizen who entered in usa on entery visa under visa waveier programe may she can change her status(want to apply for 1-130 or F-1 after enterd in usa) or not.
2)If she not allowed to change her status/may better she take B2 visa from u.k instead of entery visa.
2)if not change status than is it better to take B2 visa from u.k instead of entery visa.

Answer
Rana:
1. No she cannot change status in the US if she comes in on visa waiver
2. Yes it would be but there is also a question of intent. If you obtain a B-2 visa you are stating that you wish to come as a tourist but if your intent is not to do that then there could be an issue regarding fraudulent intent.
3) see answer above

Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan