Immigration Issues/immigration


1)we are parents green card holders/our son 26 years unmarried /student in usa for one year more.
may we sponsor 1-130/1-485 applications same time
2)after next year he needs to get marry/what law says
3)if we apply only 1-130/ it takes 6 year;resulting he cannot get job/workpermit/neither can go abroad.
what is the best/safe/short way;he continued to stay here.

No, there is no preference category for a MARRIED child of a Permanent Resident.  Therefore, if he marries, he will NOT be able to get a green card through you.  Since he is unmarried and over 21, he would fall under the FB-2B section which is currentlyexperienceing a 10-13 year wait before he would be eligible to file an I-485 or obtain a green card at the consualte.  The shortest way for him would be to seek an employment based green card.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.