Immigration Issues/immigration


As green card holder /living in usa 'whether i can file 1-130 petition for son who over 21-unmarried now and in usa as FI status.
1)he may get marry after filing 1-130/ work permit/ advance parole for going abroad
2)as if visa not available/he cannot file 1-485 along with 1-130
pl. guide me what is reality in law of usa immigration.

He CANNOT file an I-485 along with the I-130, he will need to wait until his priority date is current.  Presently, that will take about 13 years.  If he marries during that period the application will automatically terminate as there is no category for married sons and daughters of green card holders.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]