Immigration Issues/immigration and deportation

Question
my brother is a convicted felon that has been living in the U.S. for 12 years.  He got married to a U.S. citizen before his sentence and now his sentence the judge has ordered deportation. What can I do to keep him in the U.S. with his wife?  I am his brother and also a citizen of the united states.  should I file I-246 or other form(s) and I know it is a complicated case and an attorney would be best but how hard is it to make an appeal of the judges decision of deportation.  

Answer
It's really not possible to say for sure without reviewing the entire case, facts, charges, conviction and sentence but it does not sound like there is a lot of hope.  Depending on the charges and sentence, it sounds like your brother is an aggravated felon and therefore there is not much relief from deportation available.

He really needs a lawyer for this and the sooner the better.  It is possible that there is not really anything possible but I would suggest a consulation with the best criminal immigration attorney that he can afford.  At least that way you will get advice that you can be certain is correct.

James D. Mills, Esq.