Immigration Issues/immigration issue


My mother file for us in 1996.  When she file for me I was single but when the papers finally came I was no longer single I was a divorcee so the immigration people write to me asking me if I was still interesting in migrating if so I should submit my marriage and divorce paper.  This I did , I got a letter stating that they are now reviewing my case.  Can you say if I am still consider unmarried child of a US citizen and how much longer it will take for me to be with my family.  Does this mean that the filing will start over and my visa number is no longer available.  Will this take years or months.  Thank you

Whether your category is considered married or unmazrried they are way past 1996. You should now be considered the unmarried child of a citizen and retain the old filing date. The only way there would be a problem is if you married while your mom was a green card holder before she became a citizen.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.