Immigration Issues/immigration/naturalization issue

Question
Good Afternoon,I have two questions:

1) My husband applied for citizenship a few months ago,he has been a permanent US resident for over 5 years, his interview is coming. I am in USA illegaly, but entered as a visitor. If during his interview he is asked what my status is, what should he say and how should he explain the reason for me being out of status?

2) I worked under the table for the last two years, but my husband was making enough money himself to support both of us. Should I inform INS that I worked or not? What kind of evidence can they have to prove that I was working?

Thank you for your help,

Sincerely,

Tyler

Answer
Tyler...what were you thinking?!  The last thing you or your husband want to do is lie or omit any information on an Immigration application.  The information you provide is verified then cross checked.  Not only can your husbands citizenship application be denied, if he is granted citizenship and it is found out that the information provided was not factually correct, citizenship can be rescinded at a later date.  In addition, falsifying a government form is a felony and a deportable offense.  Proof you were working?  You have no idea what type of data bases we have access to or the method of cross checking.  Just tell the truth.

David