Immigration Issues/after the interveiw


My husband and I had our first interview in Ciudad Juarez,Mexico 3 weeks ago.My husband says he thought he heard them tell him that I have to send in a paper stating why I need him back here and how it would affect me if they deny him.The problem is I dont know what hes talking about cause I wasnt in there and I wouldnt know where to send the letter to.Do you know what he is talking about?He says it has to be there within 30 days after the interview.They did give him forms I-601 and another G-325A but I thought you only have to fill those out if he does the infopass system.What do I do?

You need to get an attorney. It sounds like you need to file for waiver of excludiblility and that you need to prove why it would be an exceptional hardship on you to have him denied. If you don't understand what this means, then you need to get an attorney to help. It was too bad you could not go to the interview with him. That might have helped.

Good luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.