Immigration Issues/invitation


hi my name is ginger and i live in texas. i have a cousin in egypt that i wanted to bring here to stay with me because i have severe back pains. i have heard of sending invitations, but how does it work? and what are the steps to bring him here to stay with me?
thank you in advance,

I believe what you are talking about is a visitor's visa.  It would permit him to stay for six months, at most, unless it is extended.  He would need to go to the consulate, pay the fees and fill out the application forms.  They then would interiew him and if the consulate is satisfied that he will return to Egypt as stated, they will issue a visa stamp that will permit entry.  When he enters, he will again be questioned and they will determine whether to let him in and how long he is permitted to stay.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]