Immigration Issues/j1 to h1b

Question
I would like to know If I can go from J1 visa to H1b visa? and  If I can go from a J1 visa job to another J1 visa job in a different institution.

Answer
Sylvia,
You can change to J-1 visa to H-1 visa provided you are not subject to the 2 year foreign residency requirement. To move to another another institution on J you need to talk to your program advisor, they would need to authorize it and note it on the SEVIS database. There is also a requirement that it must be in the same category. (there are some exceptions to this rule)

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan