Immigration Issues/j1 status


Thank you so much for responding my question right away the other day.Today I would like to ask you a question about swithcing my F1 status to J1.I am an international student on a F1 visa and I am trying to file a Manager-managed LLC.Do you thing this would make it possible to change my status, if yes could you tell me how.
Thank you so much again.


You may be able to, but why on earth would you want to???

Do you know a J1 is an exchange visitor, and often carries a bar to re-entry into the US for 2 years after the visa ends?

What country are you from?  Is the bilateral treaty with your country and the US?  How about your business interests?  What do you want to do?

I do this for a living and help people live in the US and make a lot of money for themselves.  I can probably help you too.  Give me a call if you would like to chat about things:  713-680-3033.

Good luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.