Immigration Issues/about k1-visa


hello sir, i am parry
i just arrived in usa from indai on k-1 visa, but my fiance who brought me here dint get marry to me, but luckily i met another girl here and we got married . but the thing is that i dont want to go back by leaving her alone andone more thing
one of my good friend needa an chef who is i am and he also wnats me in his restorant and dont want me to go, so could you please tell me if he can sponser me and i dont have to go back and get the green card on his sponsership

plase reply me soon, i shall be very thankful to you.

You are going to have to go back.  But your new wife can petition for you and it should be a fairly quick process.  You cannot adjust status in the US unless you marry the petitioner for the K visa.  If you overstay you will become excludable and will have problems when it comes time to apply in your home country.  Obey the law, follow the rules, it will work out.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.