Immigration Issues/Can I leave US while awaiting lottery appointment

I already have 01 visa which expires in March '08.  I applied for and "won" green card lottery, but haven't received my interview appointment yet.
I would like to go to Japan for a week. Am I allowed to do this?

I am not sure what "01" visa is. I am assuming you meant B-1 visa. If it is then you coming back to become a permanent resident is not allowed under the B-1 visa.  I would also advise that you make sure that you are in the US to attend the interview. If you miss it then the number will not be available again.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,