Immigration Issues/Can I leave US while awaiting lottery appointment

Question
I already have 01 visa which expires in March '08.  I applied for and "won" green card lottery, but haven't received my interview appointment yet.
I would like to go to Japan for a week. Am I allowed to do this?

Answer
Marvie,
I am not sure what "01" visa is. I am assuming you meant B-1 visa. If it is then you coming back to become a permanent resident is not allowed under the B-1 visa.  I would also advise that you make sure that you are in the US to attend the interview. If you miss it then the number will not be available again.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan