Immigration Issues/How long is the wait for a relative

Question
Hi

I became a citizen by marriage.
I a goint to petition for my parents in the near future. How long long is the wait when appling for parents from Mexico?
Also, I believe I have a "default" on my credit report. How does that affect the parents  petition I will be filling? Does INS deny petition to those who file personal bancrupcy?

Thank you very much.

Mary  

Answer
They are immediate relatives of a US citizen and therefore there is no waiting time.  It is all processing time but this can vary greatly.  If you can satisfy the income or asset requirements of the affidavit of support bad credit should make no difference.

James D. Mills, Esq.