Immigration Issues/I'm a greencard holder; he's my French fiance

Question
I am a US permanent resident since 1989. I met a French man 2 years ago while he was working in LA (on a work Visa). We want to get married in 2006, however he is back in France and I am in Seattle at the moment. What kind of forms or process can I start in order to bring him here to the US so he can work legally, and does my greencard entitle him to any help with becoming a citizen/or greencard holder aswell?

Thank You,
Steffi

Answer
Your best bet would probably be to naturalize and then file for a K-1 visa.  Get him to enter the US, marry within 90 days of his entry and then file for his green card.  There are other options too, but which is best depends on the circumstances.  You could marry him and then try to bring him as a green card holder, but that is a somewhat longer process as there is currently about a 4 year wait for spouses of green card holders.

James D. Mills, Esq.