You are here:

Immigration Issues/i'm married to a us citizen but i was deported


I am 23 years old and been married close to 4 years. I applied for legalization to be in the US. I received a working permit and applied for US recidency. I got denied because back in 1996 my mother had an order of deportation, which I wasn't aware of at the time of my application. She was pettitioned by my father, a US resident, but unfortinatly passed away before he could fix my mother's papers. When I was told by immigration offices, they gave me one month to do whatever possible to fix this problem. I talked to my so called lawyer, all he did was send some letter which cost about $150, but I never got a response. Two years past without a response until they came early in the morning and took us back to Mexico. Is there some sort of apeal or permission to reapply without waiting the 5 yrs.

Are you in Mexico or here now? You have the deport issue and are subject to a 10 year bar if you were in the United States illegally for more than a year afte 4/97 and left - even if forced out.

To challenge the deport you would ave to make a motion to reopen the deportation case which would need the consent of the government attorney. The only other way id to file form I-212. The other pardon you would need for the illegal presence, you would have to apply for when you go for your immigrant visa interview.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.