Immigration Issues/mail was undelivarable in 2000. and i dont know what to do now

Question
my aunt messed up big time.

this is what happened so far. she applied in July 1999.
till now she never told us anything about it.

Receipt Number: LIN9907$%$##$

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Notice returned as undeliverable.

On September 26, 2000, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

ok you assumed rite

here is the whole story.

my aunt, my dad and my uncle and my other aunt ( who my aunt applied for) are siblings.

she applied for my other aunt and my uncle.

my family came to US through my moms sister. so we didnt had to deal with her.

why i am intrested is cuz my uncle wants to come here and he keeps on asking us about the status. MY AUNT thinks we dont know anything and she kept on saying that its on its way. she kept on saying this and then one day i got fed up so i asked her to give me that number. and she did. i search on google and found out that site and then i was tracking the status and i got that. so then i called her and told her about this. she said she will call ( THIS WAS IN DEC) and now she says she called and USICS told her they cant do anything ( i think this is a lie). well then my dad told her to contact a lawyer and she said i am not paying for the lawyer. ( CAN u beleive it, she cant even spend some money for her brother and sister and she is in us since 1988) so my dad said send us the info and we will take care of it.
so i wanted to know what should i do other then contacting the lawyer.
and has anyone expericed this.

BTW she applied for my aunt and unlce and both got the same message.
she applied cuz my uncle forced her too. he told her to apply in 95, and finally she applied in 99.

Sir, i copied and pasted here so some of the sentence might not make sense here.

Thank you sir

Answer
Bottom line is that if she is not willing to procfess the case it will not work. The fact that she applied before 2001 will allow your uncle to get it here still if she wants to apply again even though it may take several years.

Unless she can get Immigration to reopen the old case, I think she will need to file a new one.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>